Whether blind casting or sight fishing, spinning gear is the most popular way to take our inshore species. Your trip will find you casting artificial lures including topwater plugs, spoons, and soft plastic baits as we hunt Redfish, Trout, Flounder, Tripletail, and elusive Cobia and Tarpon in season. The boat is stocked with top quality spinning tackle including Shimano Terramar Rods and Shimano Stradic and Saros reels all spooled with Power Pro line and Seaguar Flourocarbon leaders. Anglers are welcome to bring their favorite "sticks" as confidence is key when hunting fish on the flats. Medium power rods 6 1/2' - 7 1/2' and reels 2500 - 4000 size with a smooth and consistent drag spooled with a 10-20lb trouble free braid or mono running line is recommended. Baitcasting gear is only recommended for those that have plenty of experience casting in windy conditions with light sometimes bulky baits. Leaders and terminal connections will be provided to limit breakoffs and insure a successful outing.
Recent blog posts
- Cape Fear serving up big aggressive Redfish right now!
- Sight Fishing Late Fall Cape Fear Redfish with Jared Chiefi
- Give the gift of Redfish this year!
- Cape Fear Speckled Trout On Fire!
- Full On Fall Fishing on the Cape Fear Coast
- It's Hot, But It's Not!
- Brian Gainey Tangles with Topwater Reds
- Cape Fear Spring Redfish Peak
- Winter Redfishing
- Zero to Hero...Cape Fear Redfishing And What a Difference a Day Makes!